The Roots - The Legendary (1999)

The Roots, The Legendary, Jusfckwithis, Table of Contents, The Ultimate, The Battlestar ?eustacula, The Next Movement, live
I promise that this review will not end in me equating myself to Carlos Mencia before criticizing him. I know that's oddly specific, but trust me.

The Roots, The Legendary, Jusfckwithis, Table of Contents, The Ultimate, The Battlestar ?eustacula, The Next Movement, live

So.. Things haven't been the best for me, man, I've been having some shit go on in the past week that makes me feel like all I want to do is wake up late in the afternoon, eat, and then take some sleeping pills just to repeat the schedule. Shit sucks, you know? But speaking of things not being at their best.. HOW'S 'BOUT THEM ROOTS, HUH?! An EP full of mostly live tracks, along with two studio cuts that don't do much for me, and Black Thought, on the live tracks, sounds like he has a cold of some type, or maybe they were forcing him at gunpoint to deliver all of his lines directly through his nose, as some type of weird avant-garde thing. Who nose?! HA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! WHOA NELLY!! *slaps knee so hard that it shatters* IT'S JUST LIKE I'M A REGULAR OL' CARLOS MENCIA!! Did you know he has an entire stand-up comedy special where he tells the jokes in English, and then switches to Spanish for the punchlines? Why the fuck.


6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to read other reviews and perhaps buy this album via my Amazon Associates link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD