Angels & Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper Acoustic EP (2017)

Angels & Airwaves, We Don't Need to Whisper Acoustic EP, Tom DeLonge, 2017, Valkyrie Missile, Distraction, Do It For Me Now, The Adventure
I really like that album cover, but this EP's existence is kinda bullshit when you think about it: This was supposed to come out in 2016 to help celebrate the ten year anniversary of "We Don't Need to Whisper", we finally get it in 2017.. And it's just four songs? Legit? Actually, let me correct myself: The FIRST FOUR FUCKING SONGS on the original album? Did Tom DeLonge start recording an entire acoustic album from start to finish and then get bored? What the fuck!

Angels & Airwaves, We Don't Need to Whisper Acoustic EP, Tom DeLonge, 2017, Valkyrie Missile, Distraction, Do It For Me Now, The Adventure

Just like the original album did, it brings me nostalgia to hear these tunes, because my sister was a big Angels & Airwaves fan ten or so years ago, and she participated in the whole "THE WORLD IS OURS!!" emotional movement that the band brought to many teenagers driving out to nowhere in particular in the middle of the night with friends "just because we want to", that I kinda wish I had been around for, instead of sitting alone in my room listening to rappers who clearly listened to too much Three 6 Mafia growing up. Regardless of nostalgia or not, I like it: Tom DeLonge's voice has -never- sounded better in his entire career than it does on this EP, and I can't really place my finger on why, it just sounds like that signature Tom DeLonge vocal styling but deeper and more powerful sounding, and I really like that, because Tom DeLonge + an acoustic guitar could serenade me to sleep every fucking night if I had the choice. The songs here.. Shit, dude, I'd say they're acoustic.. But not really. Like.. Sure, Tom DeLonge replaced his electric guitar with an acoustic, but that's basically it, because there's still drums, keyboards, etc, but I like that, because these are basically acoustic-centric reworkings of tunes from the first AVA album, and I think that while it works better on some tracks than others ("Distraction" is so pretty and satisfying while "The Adventure" kinda has me disappointed), it's still pretty good. Nice little treat from Thomas "This Would Be My Name If I Was a Stereotypical Caricature of a Chinese Man in a Quentin Tarantino Film" DeLoHong. You like that name? You heard it here first. Now run.. Run and tell the world.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD