Linkin Park - Live in Texas (2003)

Linkin Park, Live in Texas, Chester Bennington, Mike Shinoda, Papercut, One Step Closer, Faint, Numb
Tithe in Alexis!! *quickly shoves five dollars up a woman's ass* Whoa!! I need to stop starting my reviews with puns!!

Linkin Park, Live in Texas, Chester Bennington, Mike Shinoda, Papercut, One Step Closer, Faint, Numb

When I was a wee lass, I asked for this and "Reanimation" for Christmas one year, and wouldn't you know it: I got them! At the height of my Linkin Park obsession, my collection (minus a DVD and Linkin Park Underground EPs I didn't especially care for) was complete, and I felt at ease, knowing that I was the absolute biggest Linkin Park fan ever and I managed to achieve that title in just a few months. Really quite amazing. My brother and I watched the DVD portion of this live album that night in the living room, probably annoying the living fucking shit out of my parents, but hey, they never said anything about it, so there's that. The live DVD was really fucking cool to me UNTIL someone pointed out to me that it's spliced footage from two different shows, with Chester's shirt being drenched in sweat in one frame and completely dry the next, along with the guitarist playing a different guitar every other frame, but I never fucking noticed that and I felt like a dumbass. I -still- feel like a dumbass every single fucking day of my life but not because of that. Some things never change.

Following the hype that "Meteora" landed them, they perform songs from both that album and its predecessor, "Hybrid Theory" in this live album, with the occasional throwback to "Reanimation" popping itself up to say hello. Man! I used to look up the live performance of "Faint" on here on my shitty dial-up internet on the babystages of YouTube back in the day, and I felt like the absolute coolest dude around. It may have even been embedded in my MySpace profile at some time, but I can't confirm or deny that. I generally like the performances on here, especially the one of "Papercut" which has Chester Bennington screaming along with Mike Shinoda's rap, but truth be told, this live album doesn't sound -that- great on an audio level, and Chester and Mike do occasionally fuck up, but hey, that adds authenticity, if anything. The final performance of the day, "One Step Closer", is pretty fucking awesome because they incorporate Jonathan Davis' remix into it, and then in the DVD, they slow shit down to make it look all dramatic, so you're wetting your Spongebob boxers, and just.. Fuck, dude, I used to mosh to this in my bedroom in complete silence, whispering along aggressively. What a time. That being said, it's pretty shitty how the CD part actually excludes five tracks that you can find on "Underground V3.0".. Wham, bam, whattascam! Shame on you, Pinkin Lark. Fuckin'.. Fuckin' LIBERALS. LIBERAL PARK. FUCK 'EM.

*A bald-headed eagle lands on my shoulder as I start a nuclear war with North Korea*

HAHA, TAKE THAT, KIM!! THE BALL'S IN YOUR COURT!!

*I lose everything and everyone I've ever loved in a nuclear holocaust*

Alright, you got me there!!

7/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD