Jay-Z - Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)

Jay-Z, Vol 3, Life and Time of S Carter, Jigga My Nigga, Girl's Best Friend, Do It Again, Things That U Do, Big Pimpin'
My girlfriend has a copy of this on cassette for in the car, because her dad's car only has a cassette player or some shit, and she isn't a fan of Jay-Z even after listening to this album, and I can't blame her, but she practically writes off the rest of Jay-Z's discography for it, Goddamn it! She was just saying earlier that hip-hop wouldn't be too affected if Jay-Z had never come on the scene, and to that, I have to say.. Not much, it'll make my life easier.

Jay-Z, Vol 3, Life and Time of S Carter, Jigga My Nigga, Girl's Best Friend, Do It Again, Things That U Do, Big Pimpin'

There are a few times I catch myself thinking "fucking really?" in a bit of a disappointed astonishment while listening to this album, due to an awful hook, a corny beat, etc, but then I remember that this album houses "Big Pimpin' (feat. UGK)" which is SO FUCKING GOD-TIER, FUCK. Have you even HEARD Bun B rip that shit up?! I had -NEVER- listened to UGK before in my life but holy fucking shit, they rip shit up! All these years, I only knew the mash-up with Linkin Park and I thought that was pretty good, but holy fuck, this truly is one fucking awesome song, and you can tell that from my excitement transferring to excessive swearing. The rest of the album.. 'Eyy, it's got a few good moments, I think "Watch Me (feat. Dr. Dre)" is pretty dope, and of course "So Ghetto" is a highlight, but then you've got songs like "Things That U Do (feat. Mariah Carey)" to remind you that not all in life is golden, my dearest friend, sometimes you gotta take the awful, awful, GODDAMN FUCKING AWFUL hooks to remind you how God-tier songs like "Big Pimpin' (feat. UGK)" are. Seriously, can we talk about Mariah Carey for a second? Are her vocals always coated in that many filters? Do you even NEED any form of talent when your voice is put through that many filters? And this is coming from a guy who loves autotune, for God's sake. Where was I? Ah, yeah... BUN B AND PIMP C THO! FUCK!


6/10
__________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!


Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD