Linkin Park - Underground V4.0 (2004)

Linkin Park, Underground V4.0, Chester Bennington, Sold My Soul to Yo Mama, Standing in the Middle, Wish, One Step Closer, Nobody's Listening
Call Linkin Park an underground metal band and cite these releases for reasoning.

Linkin Park, Underground V4.0, Chester Bennington, Sold My Soul to Yo Mama, Standing in the Middle, Wish, One Step Closer, Nobody's Listening

This EP is pretty cool at times! Sure, you've got the sore spot of this EP starting with "Sold My Soul to Yo Mama" which is just a mostly-instrumental DJ cut that you can safely toss aside as being filler, but you know what this EP has? "Standing in the Middle (feat. Motion Man)", what a great track! It focuses heavily on the hip-hop elements of the band, much like their early-early material, and makes you think about how GOAT Linkin Park would've been had they remained like the nu-metal version of The Roots, or at least put out a full-length release like this. YES, I know about Fort Minor but it's not even slightly close to being the same shit, damn it! Other cool shit includes the live hip-hop medley "Step Up / Nobody's Listening / It's Goin' Down" which is HYPE AS FUCK, and of course I gotta give props to their cover of "Wish" by Nine Inch Nails, which really isn't -that- great, but I like it because it introduced me to the song/band when I was a teenager (plus Chester sounds great) but overall you probably won't get -that- much mileage out of this EP. Ah well. Good shit for what it is.. Just not a real heavy-hitter in their discography.


7/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD