Lil Wayne - Free Weezy Album (2015)

Lil Wayne, Free Weezy Album, FWA, Glory, He's Dead, I Feel Good, London Roads, Psycho
It's actually a pretty clever album title because it refers to the "Free Weezy" campaign years ago when he was in prison, it also refers to the obvious fact that this is a free album by Weezy, and LASTLY it refers to him trying to get out of his record deal with Cash Money. Holy fuck. I felt winded even just thinking about all of that.

Lil Wayne, Free Weezy Album, FWA, Glory, He's Dead, I Feel Good, London Roads, Psycho

When this album came out, a lot of people were divided on it, and I feel like a lot of their hatred towards the album came from the fact that they just signed up through Tidal to listen to it, since it was a Tidal-exclusive. Luckily for me, being a Tidal-exclusive also means being a Pirate Bay-exclusive, so I got to get it without throwing money at a failing streaming service (do NOT hit me with some "IT'S NOT FAILING" shit I swear to God) and also had the pleasure of laying down in my bed while listening to it that night. I don't think this album is even nearly as bad as people like to say it is.. But it's not great. Lil Wayne's flows, lyrics, etc, are all there and better than they've been on some previous releases, and the beats can be pretty good, but there's a certain lack of -something- here that prevents it from being that memorable for anything other than the chance to laugh about it one day, like "Remember when I was a complete dumbass and signed up for Tidal?" ho ho HOOOO!!! THAT WAS A HOOT!!!


7/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD