Lights - iTunes Session (2012)

Lights, iTunes Session, Cactus in the Valley, Banner, Toes, Siberia, In the Dark I See, Valerie Poxleitner
iTunes sessions seem like such a thing of the past. No, I don't care enough to actually Google it to find out if they still do them, I just want something else to bitch about not being around today.

Lights, iTunes Session, Cactus in the Valley, Banner, Toes, Siberia, In the Dark I See, Valerie Poxleitner

Hold a sec, lemme stop jitterbugging my tight ass around the room for a second: Lights is GOAT. GOATs. She seems like she's gotten a lot more confident in her live vocals since her last live release, and the instrumentals don't sound like a fucking trainwreck anymore, probably because it sounds like a few things in each song are just backing tracks, but hey, fuck it, you know? Lights does a few songs from "The Listening" and "Siberia" on here, and throws in a brand-spankin'-new track by the name of "In the Dark I See" to make you shake your gluteus maximumus until the cows come home, especially in the case of "Cactus in the Valley" which has been reworked to be an upbeat folk tune, ooo mmm fuk yea. It's not great, but it's good, and it just really makes me smile to hear much Lights improved in a live environment in such a short time.

7/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD