Pouya - South Side Slugs (2015)

Pouya, South Side Slugs, Suicidal Thoughts in the Back of the Cadillac, FYE, Loyal to my Soil, Buffet Boys, It's Britney Bitch, Kevin Pouya
Do you think people who rep SOUTH SIIIIDE write that cool S thing everywhere? You most likely know, look it up if you haven't. Not even fucking Wikipedia knows where it came from! Gotta wonder who started it, why, where, and how it took off.. It's actually kinda amazing.

Pouya, South Side Slugs, Suicidal Thoughts in the Back of the Cadillac, FYE, Loyal to my Soil, Buffet Boys, It's Britney Bitch, Kevin Pouya

While we're on the topic of irrelevant shit, I still think "Resident Evil 4" is overrated, don't get me wrong, but I've been thinking about it lately, and some of the atmosphere that the game creates is amazing. That first chapter where you're in the village? Fucking INSANE! A movie or series could be made about the plot of that specific game, for fuck's sake. Incredible. Anyhow, I think I was supposed to be talking about music at some point during this review, yeah? I like Pouya. I really, really do. I think his flow is fucking smooth as butter and that the dude has a shitload of potential to drop an actual classic, if he just worked with the right guests and producers, so you can imagine my disappointment when this mixtape is just more of the same from previous shit in his discography. Hell, I think I'd be totally satisfied with just better beats, because hardly any of this shit really bangs despite being bass-heavy. One good thing about this mixtape is that he has more serious material on this mixtape than any of his releases before, and I especially appreciate his lyrics about feeling lost in the world, and I really like that, but the rest of it is just more shit about how my girlfriend let him titfuck her ass. God fuckin' damn it, I love his flow and voice, but something's got to change, especially if he makes the decision to drop another 18 track long mixtape, because it can be a bit of an endurance test otherwise.


5/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on LiveMixtapes!

READ THESE AND GET MAD