SwizZz - Good Morning SwizZzle (2011)

SwizZz, Good Morning SwizZzle, Hopsin, FunkVolume, mixtape, Drop the Bomb, Ambush, Kush
I used to want to become a rapper with contacts that were completely white (so not like Hopsin's) but then I realized that I couldn't rap and I'm fucking terrified of getting stuff on my eyes. That's gangsta.

SwizZz, Good Morning SwizZzle, Hopsin, FunkVolume, mixtape, Drop the Bomb, Ambush, Kush

SwizZz is an odd case: A guy who could've (and kinda did) piggyback off of a successful rapper (Hopsin) but never really got famous, for whatever reason. If he tried and lost, then that's pretty fuckin' hilarious, but if he didn't try, then that's actually pretty admirable for what it is. Sad shit is that outside of his collaboration mixtape with Hop de la Sin, this is currently the only release he has out, and it came out SIX FUCKING YEARS AGO! Who knows if SwizZz has just been lazy or what, but in that entire timeframe, we saw the rise and fall of FunkVolume without SwizZz ever really getting his chance to grab a piece of that pie, and mostly stuck behind the scenes as Hopsin's buddy, who, oddly enough, never really mixed that well with him in the first place. When I hear SwizZz and Hopsin on the same song, I never really like it because I'd rather just hear one of them rap than together, because it's like "HEY, YOU GOT YOUR "HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M CRAZY" (SwizZz) IN MY POEMS ABOUT GIRLS I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH (Hopsin) BTW I'M AN ATHEIST I JUST WANNA MASTURBATE" and I always thought them being friends caused them to collaborate more than just the fluidity of their musical chemistry. Hell, I was convinced I just didn't like SwizZz until I listened to this mixtape, but I was wrong.


I mean, hey, "Swag Out" is fucking garbage and pretty cringeworthy, so there's still something to hate on SwizZz for, but the rest of this stuff is actually pretty alright.. ESPECIALLY WHEN HOPSIN JOINS IN ON "Kush" TO RAP ABOUT SMOKING WEED! SOMEONE SHOW THIS MOTHERFUCKER "Ill Mind of Hopsin 5"!! THAT SHIT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS. Anyhow, SwizZz, as an MC, sure, he's relatively limited in his subjects to discuss, but this guy still has a shitload more to get across than Hopsin at his most "look at me, I'm an intellectual", I mean, when is the last time you seriously heard Hopsin discuss politics? Sure, his new album will probably have some generic "fuck Trump" lyrics, but SwizZz (God, I hate typing out his name) sounds like he actually watches the news and pays attention to what's happening around him in the world, even if he isn't able to say anything that'll make you stop and go "WHOA!! THAT IS A POLITIC!!" because political music is -really- fucking hard to make interesting on a lyrical standpoint, but SwizZz still manages to come across as someone who's.. Er, much more experienced in life than his former FunkVolume partner-in-crime, but then again, when you really think about it, who isn't?

Alright, last negative thing I wanna say about this mixtape before I close this out to go masturbate to videos of girls being stuck in chimneys: His little rapper tag of screaming out "SWWWWIIIIIZZZZZZZ!!!" is the absolute worst rapper signature I've ever heard, and I want to stomp him the fuck out when I hear it. Cool? Cool. The beats on here are pretty decent, I only recognized two of them as being taken from other songs ("Taking My Ball" by Eminem and "Hard in the Paint" by Waka Flocka Flame) so if I'm to assume most of the other songs were produced by Hopsin, they're some of the best beats that Hopsin created this early in his career, which sucks because I can only find this mixtape in 128kbps. Fuckers! SwizZz is an entertaining guy behind a microphone, has decent punchlines, and generally hooks me in more than Hopsin's pseudo-intellectual bullfuckery, but while this isn't the greatest mixtape out there, it's an entertaining one that makes you wonder what SwizZz could put out if he'd.. You know, put anything out. I suppose that's a logical step in furthering his career since he can't hold onto Hopsin's relevancy for his own any longer, yeah? Jesus, guy.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD