Devin Townsend - The Hummer (2006)

Devin Townsend, The Hummer, ambient, instrumental, drone, spoken word, experimental, album
The cover of this looks really similar to "C:Enter:###" by Strapping Young Lad and that bothers me because of reasons.

Devin Townsend, The Hummer, ambient, instrumental, drone, spoken word, experimental, album

This album just drones on and on! Haha, get it?! Because it's a fucking DRONE album! It DRONES! At any point when you listen to it, it's DRONING! It is a funny joke, yes?! FUCK YOU. Truth be told, Devin is doing some interesting stuff on this album, but it's so heavily buried under white noise that you really have to listen for it, and you'll keep wishing that the white noise wasn't there at all. A lot of people will tell you that it's better than "Devlab" but nearly fucking everything is better than that album. I'm a pretty chill person, so don't think that I just don't -get- it, because I do: It is relaxing, but it ain't a great musical experience for me. It kinda sounds like when you got FL Studio when you were 15 and would increase the hul and lengths of sounds, and then really down-pitch them to make ambient music that's really only interesting to you because you made it. Yeah, fucking fight me irl, I know someone who has a gun and it fires bullets on occasion. This album isn't really bad or good, it's just -there-. It's okay.


5/10
________________________________________________________

Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD