Lil Wayne - No Ceilings (2009)

Lil Wayne, No Ceilings, Swag Surfin', Ice Cream Paint Job, D.O.A., Wasted, Watch My Shoes, Throw It In The Bag
When I was on Xanax, I had NO FEELINGS! Haha! It fucking sucked and I was pretty sure that it was going to cause the end of my relationship. There is no second joke.

Lil Wayne, No Ceilings, Swag Surfin', Ice Cream Paint Job, D.O.A., Wasted, Watch My Shoes, Throw It In The Bag

I'm gonna come straight outta the gate and say it: This mixtape is incredible. Okay, I'm lying: The FIRST HALF of this mixtape is fucking incredible to the point where anyone who disagrees with Weezy's boasts of being the best rapper alive should just sit down and realize what fucking morons they are, because I assure you that in 2009, it was VERY much a possibility that Lil Wayne was the best rapper alive for his ability to ride beats effortlessly with more bars than the inside of a stressed middle-aged woman's purse, and wouldn't you believe it: Just a few years ago, I was a HUGE Lil Wayne hater, but I doubt I would have been if someone had just sat my ass down to listen to the first (almost) 36 minutes of this mixtape. Shit has BARS, dude. It has bars, confidence, killer beats, and Lil Wayne rarely lets a chorus in as he just raps his fucking ass off. If you examine these songs lyrically, he is, by all means, not a martian but a fucking MONSTER. Dude can think of punchlines that are so fucking brilliant and/or retarded that you have to sit back and think "holy fuck" as they just KEEP ON FUCKING COMING. By all means, the first 36 minutes of this mixtape is fucking legendary and fuck off if you disagree.

With how much people like to praise this mixtape, you'd almost think that they're only remembering the first 36 minutes and not the (almost) 37 minutes that follows where I feel absolutely fucking -nothing- about any of the tracks. See, by the second half of the album, he switches from being this killer mixtape rapper who will slaughter you on your own song, and instead, becomes a pop-rapper. I mean, come on, he's fucking singing/rapping over "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas and the songs generally focus more on choruses than before, which is fucking shitty considering how hard Lil Wayne was destroying the game in the first half and then he manages to drop the ball enough to the point where the second half of this mixtape might as well be a different mixtape in general, or even just loosies. It doesn't have the same consistency, charm, or quality that the first half of the mixtape made you believe the entire project would be. Don't get me wrong, this mixtape is -very- fucking worth checking out for the first half of it, but after that, if you're praising it, you must have some serious fucking nostalgia of smoking weed with your friends in high school clouding your ability to actually realize these tracks for what they are: Disposable. God, man.. There SHOULD have been a ceiling at some elevation to prevent the second half of this mixtape.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD