Green Day - Tune In, Tokyo... (2001)

Green Day, Tune In Tokyo, live album, Waiting, Minority, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool
Before I was born, my grandparents went to Tokyo, Japan and left their children behind at home. To my knowledge, they never provided a reason why: It couldn't have been for work, because my grandfather was a preacher. Who knows what the hell they were doing in Tokyo.. Especially when I had gotten a slightly racist feeling from them before.

Green Day, Tune In Tokyo, live album, Waiting, Minority, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool

When I was a young'n and I used to listen to live Green Day songs while closing my eyes and trying to imagine I was there, at some point I wondered to myself "..Why are there two guitars in this song??" because it doesn't take a fucking rocket science to realize that Billie Joe Armstrong can't play an electric and acoustic guitar at the same time, but lo and behold, this isn't some blink-182 live album bullshit with overdubbing, Green Day basically has a fourth member that they rarely talk about, Jason White, who's mostly a touring guitarist although he was counted as an actual member for four years starting in 2012 before dropping himself back down the totem pole. The more you know about 1990s pop-punk bands that your older brother likes, the less you don't. Anyhow, these guys know how to play their songs pretty much ex-fucking-actly like they appear on the studio albums with the occasional raising of speed in tempo, giving it that real PUNK ROCK kinda flavoring in your McDonald's zesty salad.. UNTIL you fucking realize that they have two guitarists on stage and they don't have either one do the fucking guitar solo in "Waiting"! What kind of fucking bitchshit is that?! Regardless, I would've liked to go to one of these concerts from back in the day before they started making tons of long/"epic" songs, back when it was just masturbation jokes and powerchords. Hey! "Masturbation Jokes and Powerchords"! New Green Day album title, anyone? Anyhow, your mileage with this will come down to how much you like Green Day, how much you hate your parents, and how often you take a piss while closing your eyes, twisting your nipples and imagining Billie Joe Armstrong kissing you after smoking an entire pack of cigarettes. Unfortunately, I only do that last one on particularly lonely nights, so I'm not a -huge- fan but I fucks with it.


7/10
________________________
Feel free to read other reviews and perhaps buy this album via my Amazon Associates link!


Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD