Kendrick Lamar - C4 (2009)

Kendrick Lamar, C4, K Dot, Lil Wayne, Tha Carter III, mixtape, A Milli, Best Rapper Under 25
I really don't like the album cover, not because it's a close-up of Kendrick Lamar's face, but because of the photoshopped shit on his eyelids. FUCKING GET THEM TATTOOED, YOU PUSSY!! Sure, I'm too much of a pussy to get a tattoo on the fattest part of my arm, but you?! Go all in or get the FUCK out. Believe you me: I had to tell a guy the same thing when he wouldn't go balls-deep in my wife! Aha, oh Craigslist..

Kendrick Lamar, C4, K Dot, Lil Wayne, Tha Carter III, mixtape, A Milli, Best Rapper Under 25

When it comes to a mixtape mostly full of Kendrick Lamar mostly going over instrumentals from Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III", you'd probably be excited to learn of its existence, but it really ain't that great. Kendrick doesn't really seem like Kendrick on this mixtape because he's imitating Lil Wayne's flow a good portion of the time, and really, even though the original instrumentals are great and still sound fresh, Kendrick doesn't really do anything to make the songs -his-, which really matters when it comes to taking instrumentals from a rapper who actively tries to outdo the original artists on many songs he raps over. The songs aren't bad because the beats are good, but Kendrick doesn't really have to do a terrible lot to do with the quality of the songs in a positive manner. The most I really got out of this is the ability to laugh at dumbass friends who are all "KENDRICK LAMAR IS THE GREATEST RAPPER EVER!! LIL WAYNE SUCKS!!" when Kendrick was swinging off of Lil Wayne's dick like Logic and whoever he hears on the radio. Much like that time I was held hostage and watched my captors murder just two of my five friends, when it comes to this mixtape, I expected more. Oh!! Julio!! You would've laughed at how terrible "Friend of Mine" is!! Why did your brain have to be allergic to AK-47 ammunition?!

5/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD