Green Day - Shenanigans (2002)

Green Day, Shenanigans, blonde, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool, Espionage, Ha Ha You're Dead
If you look closely at the album cover, three of the initial paint splatters underneath Tré Cool's graffiti is actually copied and pasted for Billie Joe Armstrong's initial three, with the first one being cut off to give the impression that they put in more work into making the album cover than they actually did. Nice try, Green Day, but you can't fool me. Not today.

Green Day, Shenanigans, blonde, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool, Espionage, Ha Ha You're Dead

For some reason, when I was younger, I thought it was absolutely fucking hilarious to scream "SHE-NON-EH-GINS!!" because I was a bit of a "lol so randum xD" fuck when I was 12. The title of this album made me fucking lose my shit, but I actually never got around to listening to it when I was 12 and a huge Green Day fan. It's.. It's a thing, y'know? The songs are good, "Espionage" is really weird for them in the way that it's a spy-esque instrumental that was featured in an "Austin Powers" movie (please, Hollywood directors, if you're reading this, don't resurrect that shit), there's covers of Ramones, Fang, and The Kooks (which I found a bit on-the-nose considering that Green Day has been accused of stealing some of their songs) to try to show off their influences, and I think that's pretty fucking cool, but honestly, when it comes to the rest of the material, it's good but it sounds kinda like if you made a machine that churns out new, typical Green Day songs. Okay, "Ha Ha You're Dead" is the most fucking relatable Green Day song I've ever heard, and trust me, I've heard a -lot- of beta Green Day songs that made me say "this is me" when I was younger. I think we all need someone to hate so immensely that we're fucking overjoyed when they die, y'know? For me, that person is none other than the one in the window. Oh, I walk a lonely road, the only road that I've ever known, don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I wore shitty cologne in the seventh grade. Oh, Old Spice, how could you betray me with your promises of women flocking to me? Fuck you, I'm gonna go listen to Green Day and get mad at my parents.


7/10
________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!


Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD