All Time Low - Future Hearts (2015)

All Time Low, Future Hearts, Something's Gotta Give, Kids in the Dark, Cinderblock Garden, Tidal Waves, Jack Barakat, Alex Gaskarth
All Time Low, Future Hearts, Something's Gotta Give, Kids in the Dark, Cinderblock Garden, Tidal Waves, Jack Barakat, Alex Gaskarth
The future is bleak. Remind me not to use that specific quote for when I review a mediocre album by Future.

All Time Low, Future Hearts, Something's Gotta Give, Kids in the Dark, Cinderblock Garden, Tidal Waves, Jack Barakat, Alex Gaskarth

Sometimes I hear an album that just makes me go "Wow!" for one reason or another, and here's another one: Wow! Outside of "Kicking & Screaming", "Don't You Go" and the Mark Hoppus verse in "Tidal Waves (feat. Mark Hoppus)", this is the first All Time Low album I feel pretty much fucking -nothing- about. No positive thoughts (outside of those highlights I just mentioned, and even then, they're not that great), no negative thoughts, no nothin', it's just an album that blends into the background with how incredibly unoffensive it is musically, and that combined with the lackluster production (seriously, they shat the bed with the production on this album) provided by John Feldmann, who I normally love the production work of, it's like the pop-punk equivalent of leaving a fan in the background to sleep, just fucking white-noise, which sucks because I can't really even use the "straight-to-radio" dismissal because this shit doesn't even really sound like it'd be playing on the radio, because it just ain't as catchy as it was before, I tell you h'what. Strange times for All Time Low, and considering they have an album (as of writing) coming out soon, they better come out swinging for this next shit or else I'm gonna feel like I can safely write this band off as one that doesn't even fucking try anymore, and that fucking sucks because they've had some really good tunes in their discography. Shame.

5/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD