Lil Wayne - The Drought is Over 6: The Reincarnation (2008)

Lil Wayne, The Drought is Over 6, The Reincarnation, I'm a Monster, Gorilla, Street Life, mixtape, The Empire
I was gonna start out this review by saying "WHEN IT WAYNES, IT POURS" but as you might remember, I had already done that before. As I backspaced the entire intro to this review, all I could think was "Fuck my stupid fucking life."

Lil Wayne, The Drought is Over 6, The Reincarnation, I'm a Monster, Gorilla, Street Life, mixtape, The Empire

The other day, I was walking in the park while inebriated, and I couldn't find a water fountain for the life of me. It was just after 6 PM, and the bathrooms were locked, as well. It's times like those that I think "If I'm gonna get fucked up, I have to plan it in advance: Water and food" but I'm never really in a situation where I can plan it out beforehand because it just kinda happens: You're living life and then you're absent-mindedly walking through a park with a burning feeling in the back of your throat. Well, Lil Wayne is really badass and I bet when he asks someone to fetch him a Gatorade, they fucking do it or else he'll have Rick Ross chop their fucking head off to feed to a food-deprived Corey Gunz in the basement. That alone should represent his authority and power over all of us. Anyhow, these songs are pretty good for the most part, and the beats have aged well enough, so if you're like me and listening to it for the first time this year (or later years when this review is considered an artifact and example of incredible review writing, fuck), then you'll be glad to know that some shit on here still manages to bang in the whip like there's a bomb in your speakers. Pick it up, cherish it forever, burn your mom a copy, do whatever the fuck you want: If Lil Wayne was here, he'd be telling you that you can do it, but alas, I have to set foot in this review to clear up rumors that I am NOT Lil Wayne. Yeah. Fuck Cash Money.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD