Slipknot - (Sic)nesses: Live at Download (2010)

Slipknot, Sicnesses Live at Download, Wait and Bleed, Before I Forget, Psychosocial, Duality, Spit it Out, Dead Memories
The idea of seeing Slipknot live has crossed my mind many times but I've never had the opportunity, although one time I had a dream that I did, and they singled me out in the audience to join the band, and my role in the band was to wear a paper bag over my head and point out fat people during songs, yelling shit like "SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US, FATASS" while Corey Taylor screams, to add to the emotional brutality.


Slipknot, Sicnesses Live at Download, Wait and Bleed, Before I Forget, Psychosocial, Duality, Paul Gray, Joey Jordison

Released as a sorta homage after bassist Paul Gray died, as a reminder of who they were, I don't think this could be a more fitting tribute: The band sounds fuckin' GREAT here! Everything is mixed pretty well, putting the drums right in the middle of it but perfectly audible, and lemme tell you something: As a guy (read: fatass) who can't sprint for more than a few minutes without getting winded, I envy Joey Jordison because this motherfucker sounds like a small ball of nonstop energy!! He is DESTROYING the drumkit fucking CONSTANTLY during this show!! Some of this shit straight-up made the hair on my neck stand up as goosebumps invaded my arms, it's that incredible to listen to. Hell, having his drums be so perfectly mixed in almost makes the songs feel even heavier than their counterparts, especially since Corey Taylor's vocal style is much more guttural than it had been before. Sure, he still fucks up on clean vocals on occasion, and by occasion, I mean it's a 50/50 chance every time he opens his mouth to sing, but fucking still, this show sounds like a blast and it has a near-perfect setlist for what I'd want to see if I went to go see Slipknot live. If you're a Slipknot fan, or hell, even if you aren't: Don't even bother with their previous live albums/DVDs, this is the shit you -really- want right here. Brutal, melodic, and very engaging. What else could you want from nine fucked up guys in masks from the (515)?

8/10

________________________________________________________

Feel free to read other reviews and perhaps buy this DVD via my Amazon Associates link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD