Logic - The Incredible True Story (2015)

Logic, The Incredible True Story, Young Jesus, Like Woah, Fade Away, City of Lights, Stainless, I Am the Greatest
The album cover is just.. Bad. Not even bad in a cool way, but bad in a corny way. I mean.. Fuck.

Logic, The Incredible True Story, Young Jesus, Like Woah, Fade Away, City of Lights, Stainless, I Am the Greatest

Alright, so lemme tell you a story Quentin Tarantino style, since Logic is such a huge fan of his: The other day, after I finished putting this stiff cat's corpse in the ground, I put a cinderblock on the ground as a tombstone and to keep my dogs from digging that pussy up. Let's rewind a second: I went outside, saw a cat laying down on the ground in my yard, and I'm like "Hey! Cat!", walked up to it, it didn't move, I clapped my hands, it didn't move, and then of course I had to be a typical human and poke it with a stick to see if it was alive. Spoiler: It wasn't. I had never really buried an animal by myself before, with the people I've buried animals with typically having handled the corpse, but holy fucking shit, they never tell you just how stiff the bodies get. The poor little guy's tail wouldn't even go down! He was a gorgeous fluffy black cat with a white face, and as I was informed by my neighbors, he didn't even have an owner, he was a feral cat. Regardless, I felt terrible for him, because he died by himself, and confusingly, didn't have any marks on him to show that he was killed by another animal. I dug the grave while constantly thinking "This is so bad.." and apologizing to him. He was nothing to anyone in the world but me in that moment. I gave him the name of Jimmy because I wanted him to have a name. Who knows what happened, but R.I.P. Jimmy, you were probably a pretty cool guy.


If you actually read all of that or not, then just know that no matter how meaningless it was, it was still probably more gripping than the shitty "concept" on this album of two guys going through space while bumping this album. There really isn't much of a story to speak of, or even much to say about it other than "this shit sucks" which is a statement I found myself thinking a lot during this album. Logic's rapping, lyrics, and even production is all just generally "okay" that make me think "he obviously put a lot of work into this" but it's all just so.. Bland. It's like the hip-hop equivalent of Bran Flakes, but Bran Flakes never tried to be another cereal. I mean, how is "I Am the Greatest" not Drake's "Worst Behavior"? How is "Stainless" not Travi$ Scott's "Backyard"? HOW IS "City of Lights" NOT KANYE WEST'S "Flashing Lights"?! FUCKING REALLY?? What the fuck?! There's tons of more examples I could cite, but really, at this point I'm just not going to waste my breath. This album isn't the worst shit you'll ever hear, but it's certainly bland outside of "Young Jesus (feat. Big Lenbo)" which is by far one of the best songs I've ever heard Logic put out, and really, the style that he should pursue, instead of swinging off of Drake's, Kanye West's, and Kendrick Lamar's nuts with reckless abandon.

5/10
________________________________________________________

Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD