Paramore - Live in the UK 2008 (2008)

Paramore, Live in the UK 2008, Misery Business, That's What You Get, Crushcrushcrush, Pressure, Emergency, Decoy
A girl (who I previously mentioned in a Paramore review I did) I knew who was a huge Paramore fan lived in the UK, and when this came out, I don't know why but I had to excitedly tell her about it, like the UK is just one small village and it was some honor to play in the UK. I don't know why, but I still view the UK as being a lot smaller than it actually is. Anything that isn't America is just inconceivable to my small brain. Also, this girl went on to do nothing in life. I guess we still have some things in common.

Paramore, Live in the UK 2008, Misery Business, That's What You Get, Crushcrushcrush, Pressure, Emergency, Decoy

I'm always gonna be mad that I never got to see Paramore back in the day, same with Fall Out Boy, Green Day and My Chemical Romance. Did you know I wanted to be Gerard Way for Halloween when I was 12? Thank the fucking Lord that I didn't! God knows the world didn't need a pudgy preteen in a gothic marching suit. How's 'bout that Hayley McMotherfucking Williams as a frontwoman, eh? She was only 17 or so at the time but she had a bigger set of pipes than Home Depot, even if they unfortunately weren't their best this very night, but don't take that the wrong way, her vocals are still very much passable, but are missing some of the power that comes with that perfect studio take, y'know? I didn't expect her to start singing "One Armed Scissor" by At the Drive-In at the end of "Here We Go Again", a motherfucker had to do a second-take mentally! I guess the real star of the show is none other than bassist Jeremy Davis who carries those funky grooves like drowned kittens in a bucket, but nothing can excuse the fact that this album has basically nothing but their most memorable songs at the time.. EXCEPT FOR "Whoa"! WHOA! FUCK YOU IF YOU DISLIKE THAT SONG!! IT'S GOT THE WHOAS -AND- THE OHS!! Fuckin' hell.

7/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD