Birdflesh / Hatebeak - Untitled / The Thing That Should Not Beak (2007)

Birdflesh, Hatebeak, Smattro Ansjovis, Achmed Abdulex, Panda Flamenco, Happy Death, Chocotarian, EP
Hatebeak, The Thing That Should Not Beak, Waldo the Parrot, Blake Harrison, Mark Sloan, Hellbent for Feathers, Birdflesh, EP
It'd be REALLY fuckin' cool if this was produced by Birdman, wouldn't it? Adding in some shitty southern hip-hop beats and shit.. God.


Birdflesh, Hatebeak, Smattro Ansjovis, Achmed Abdulex, Panda Flamenco, Happy Death, Chocotarian, EP
Hatebeak, The Thing That Should Not Beak, Waldo the Parrot, Blake Harrison, Mark Sloan, Hellbent for Feathers, Birdflesh, EP

The Birdflesh section is decent, and I had never heard this band before, but they've apparently got comedic lyrics, as hinted by song titles like "Chocotarian" and "Pirate War" but who the fuck can tell when it's all incomprehensible growls? I mean, really, when you think about it, they might as well not even have lyrics! To their credit, some of those growls are LOW AS FUCK and sound impressive if they haven't been edited, but there's nothing really about them that makes me want to check them out past this EP. Nothing really wrong with them, just not very interesting to me. As for Hatebeak.. It's a grindcore band with a parrot on vocals, what do you expect? Of course it's not that fuckin' great, but it is kinda funny, so you gotta give it that. It's at least more entertaining than Caninus was/is. Now.. Get a band with a bear on vocals (no, Corey Taylor may look kinda like a bear but he's not) and I'll be impressed. Get a bear that I can keep in my backyard that'll chase me to my car every morning when I leave to go to work and I'll be even MORE impressed!! I'm just kidding, don't do that: I'm unemployed as fuck.


5/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD