Pouya - Fuck It (2012)

Pouya, Fuck It, rapper, mixtape, BBBB, Clip, Loop, Get Buck
There've been many times in my life I just said "fuck it" and did whatever. Hell, one time I.. Nevermind, that's a story of something illegal. You'll have to pry the story about the hobo and the parking garage from me one day when I'm drunk, because that's one of my favorite stories to tell.

Pouya, Fuck It, rapper, mixtape, BBBB, Clip, Loop, Get Buck

I dunno if it was just the aesthetic of the album cover, with how it's visually pleasing due to the colors, or just the fact that it's a perfect time capsule of 2012 where OFWGKTA was huge and being lol randum xd in hip-hop was a thing, but I wanted to like this mixtape more than I did. Pouya has a solid flow that reminds me of some old Memphis shit, really giving off the impression that (despite the album cover suggesting otherwise) he isn't just some suburban kid who got into hip-hop through OFWGKTA, but he also has the voice of a nerdy white guy (just like me, so no hate on that) and that combined with the fact that he drops "nigga" pretty often for a white dude which is pretty weird to hear in a song, he can be a bit odd to listen to, especially on the songs where his voice is mixed a lot louder than the actual instrumental, but the instrumentals usually ain't nothin' to write home about anyway. Something -to- write home about is the fact that he seems to get renegaded by nearly every featured artist on this mixtape despite not being a bad rapper. Still, I can see potential in this dude and I hope it becomes realized, if it hasn't already, because oh mother of fuck that album cover. See? That's how an effective album cover works: It doesn't matter if your mixtape is the definition of "eh", if it has a cool cover, I'll probably get around to listening to it because I'm pretty fuckin' stupid like that.

5/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD