Slipknot - 9.0: Live (2005)

Slipknot, 9.0 Live, concert, live album, Before I Forget, Wait and Bleed, The Nameless, drum solo
Look at all of those hands trying to get their money back!!

Slipknot, 9.0 Live, concert, live album, Before I Forget, Wait and Bleed, The Nameless, drum solo

One time, my mom was making biscuits and chicken nuggets for dinner and asked for me to retrieve said chicken nuggies from the freezer. I did, she asked me about the temperature of the chicken nuggets, referring to what she should preheat the oven to, and I said "I don't know, they're pretty cold" and she looked at me like I was a complete moron before laughing her ass off. See, I'm dumb as shit but I occasionally have a clever moment, much like everyone else. Now, when you get a band as awesome as, but also AS FUCKIN' DUMB as Slipknot and make a live album of 'em, there has to be something there to actually hook the listener in, something to make the experience memorable, you know? Maybe do the songs faster, improvise, put new shit in the songs, ANYTHING other than have Corey Taylor do that strained high-pitch yell all throughout all of your favorite older Slipknot classics, and completely fucking butcher a lot of clean vocals, such as in the performance of "Before I Forget", and yeah, I couldn't do better.. But I KNOW he can. Even as a guy who loves them, a not one, but almost TWO hour live album with no visuals (given that it's a CD, y'know, I don't have any LSD unfortunately) and subpar vocals, not even the cool drum solo can really make the listening experience that noteworthy. Woulda probably loved to have actually been at one of the concerts that's portrayed on this live album, but listening to it just makes me wanna play frisbee with it, and I don't even own it on CD: I'd have to burn it on CD-R and that's pretty fucked up. I mean.. CD-R's? What do I look like? A 60+ year old man with an extensive Steve Earle collection? Fuck.


6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD