Pouya - Don't Sleep On Me Hoe (2012)

Pouya, Don't Sleep On Me Hoe, mixtape, Atari, Bumble Bee Buzzin Bitch, DSOMH Cypher, Lil Pou Chopped
I really like the album cover because I actually watched "Scarface" for the first time a few months ago and I didn't like it at all. Then when reflecting upon the movie when talking about it with people, I realized I liked a lot of it, rewatched it, and now I completely understand why it's held up as an undisputed classic. Fucking amazing film, that.

Pouya, Don't Sleep On Me Hoe, mixtape, Atari, Bumble Bee Buzzin Bitch, DSOMH Cypher, Lil Pou Chopped

I'm gonna come out and say it: No matter how many times people argue with me about it, and my girlfriend will YELL at me during our arguments about it, I just don't consider Virginia to be a southern state. It's all the way on the fucking east side of the country! It's not even comparable to actually being down south: If you lived in Texas, it'd take you days to drive to New York, but it only takes like.. What, six hours from Virginia? Considering Virginia to be part of the south is some real stupid shit. Anyhow, I also don't consider this mixtape to be better than the previous one by the regal name of "Fuck It". The beats are still bland, Pouya still has an interesting and entertaining flow but the production/mixing just makes this sound like he's rapping into a laptop microphone with friends, as his vocals slide on top of beats as opposed to riding along with them. However, it's not offensively terrible, even if it might have a few moments that might actually grab you by the hand and gently help guide you to sleep. Now that's some shit, ain't it?


5/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD