All Time Low - Nothing Personal (2009)

All Time Low, Nothing Personal, Weightless, Damned If I Do Ya, Lost in Stereo, Therapy, Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat
The scene in which "nothing personal" is said in the last season of "Breaking Bad" made me so fucking angry, you don't even know. If you've seen the show in full, you know exactly what I'm talking about and your knuckles are probably attempting to break through the skin on your fists. Motherfucker.

All Time Low, Nothing Personal, Weightless, Damned If I Do Ya, Lost in Stereo, Therapy, Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat

Remember that time you bought a bigass bag of gummy bears because you love that shit, and you were eating it by the handful, but eventually you stopped enjoying it as much, and were just kinda absent-mindedly eating them? You might say "that's oddly specific" but if I wanted to be REALLY oddly specific, I'd say something about Morgan Webb (former co-star of "X-Play" which I miss every fuckin' day) keeping a bag of gummy bears in her car's glove box and how she likes to chew the heads off first. How the fuck do I know that? Because she mentioned it in an episode of X-Play like ten years ago and I try to remember what exactly celebrities (well, celebrities to ME) do with and store their gummy bears. Anyhow, the analogy I was trying to get at is that they're good, but your enjoyment takes a bit of a downfall when further exposed to them, much like this album, which is by all means not a bad album at all, there are some solid pop tunes on here (not much of a punk edge to them by any means, despite being pop-punk) but without much to really sink your teeth into outside of the initial sugar-rush, there are plenty of songs to throw into your "shuffle" playlist but listening to the album in large doses would require an insulin shot, or a shot of something of the more illegal persuasion, especially when the autotune kicks in, like in "Too Much" (produced by The-Dream).. The fuck is that? Worst song on the album by a fucking mile. I -NEED- something to sedate me to keep me from pressing "skip". "It can't be that bad!" you think out loud until you YouTube the song and hear the lyric "Too much of anything is too much" and are passed out next to me on the couch, needle in arm. I can't even imagine how badly my dad would've made fun of me if he had caught me listening to this when I was a teenager, but fuck him, because "Weightless" makes me feel like a carefree teenager, and isn't that the point?

7/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD