Lil Wayne - The Carter Files (2007)

Lil Wayne, The Carter Files, Hoes Sing, When I Land, We Want Weezy, I'm Gangsta, unreleased, mixtape
I'm simultaneously happy and sad that Lil Wayne fans don't call themselves Carterphiles because of this release.

Lil Wayne, The Carter Files, Hoes Sing, When I Land, We Want Weezy, I'm Gangsta, unreleased, mixtape

As of writing, I finished watching "Breaking Bad" today. Great show, but without going into spoilers, I didn't expect for the show to go in that direction towards the end, and no matter how much I liked them, you probably could've shaven a lot of episodes off of the series and been fine for it, because some episodes only served to slowly cook the plot to a golden brown while bullshitting around with the unlimited number of complete douchebags that Walter 'Heisenberg' White knows. I guess you could say I was equally surprised (even though I wasn't, it's a lie to a degree) when I listened to this -official- compilation and heard several songs from Lil Wayne's studio album series (up to this point, y'know) included on it, for some reason, when the compilation's purpose is to provide access to unreleased songs by the fine gentleman. Was I bamboozled? Perhaps, but some of the songs are a cut (well, more like a scratch) above his worst, with some musical variety, which makes me wonder why he left some of these songs out, but at the same time, I'm not rushing to show anyone any of these.


6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD