Paramore - Singles Club (2011)

Paramore, Singles Club, Monster, Renegade, Hello Cold World, In the Mourning, Hayley Williams, Jeremy Davis
Haven't ever met a single fuckin' person who's used speed-dating. If anything, I've seen it more in rom-coms and creepypastas. I do -NOT- believe this exists in 2017. If you know otherwise, please inform me, because the concept of it is so fuckin' weird to me.

Paramore, Singles Club, Monster, Renegade, Hello Cold World, In the Mourning, Hayley Williams, Jeremy Davis

So with the Farro brothers (Josh and Zac Farro, guitarist and drummer, respectively) out of the band over some he-said-she-said shit that I don't know whose side to take on, because one of my best friends growing up actually grew up with Hayley Williams and described her as being a "bitch" a few times, which if you're also curious about my insider Hayley Williams knowledge, a buddy of mine knows the guy she lost her virginity to, but that's neither here nor there. Look, the point I was going to make before I went into this huge tirade about Hayley Williams supposedly being a bitch and getting her gut-locker injected with a meat pistol from a guy in another band that never took off, is that even though those vital members are out of the band, the trio of Hayley Williams, Jeremy Davis (bassist) and Taylor York (guitarist and even drummer on this EP) have churned out some fucking great songs, and what a convenient time, too, to show that they weren't going to be musically crippled by the loss of such longtime and vital members of the band, because no matter how much your friends tell you that the band "just isn't the same" referring to their quality, they're fucking stupid and need to realize that Taylor York was around for basically all of the Paramore shit they loved before: He KNOWS how to write a catchy riff, you dumbasses.


At just four songs, if one falls behind in quality, it can damage the product pretty easily, but truth be told, all four of these songs are pretty fuckin' great. "Monster" is fucking awesome, "Renegade" is probably the best song -ever- by that title (yes, I know about the hip-hop classic and FUCK you) and should've been a HUGE (I'm talking "Misery Business" huge) single for them. "Cold World" is catchy but is probably my least-favorite out of the bunch, but then there's "In the Mourning" which is a beautiful country ballad (?!) about mourning (surprise!) the loss of a loved one, but God, it's so pretty.. I could listen to Hayley Williams sing damn near anything in whatever genre. Don't believe me? Pressure her (gun to head and all) to make an industrial-ska album and watch me be on that like Sun Chips crumbs in a white suburban mom's van. Seriously, though, all jokes aside, that song is fucking beautiful and shouldn't be disregarded just because it's country-esque, because surprise surprise: Every vibration caused by Hayley Williams' vocal cords is something worth paying attention to. "Sounds like a solid collection of so-" you say to yourself before the communists bomb us, and if I weren't burning alive, skin falling off like grease from a Big Mac being cooked by a 16 year old, I'd verbally agree with you.

8/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to read other reviews and perhaps buy this album via my Amazon Associates link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD