Emmure - Nine Eleven Zero Four (2004)

Emmure, Nine Eleven Zero Four, demo, Frankie Palmeri, Mr. Know It All, If Only God Knew, Grey Season
They say you'll always remember where you were on 9/11, but truthfully and thankfully, I was too young to really understand what was going on, and I must've been watching Pokemon at the time. All I remember is my mom driving my brother (who had been taking a break from his military service) back to base in a hurry because he had been called. I can't even imagine what that must've felt like for her, to be driving your own child to what might as well have been death itself. Thankfully, he never saw action, but fuck, dude, that's something people never really talk about when it comes to that day: Driving or sending off your child to war. Fuck.

Emmure, Nine Eleven Zero Four, demo, Frankie Palmeri, Mr. Know It All, If Only God Knew, Grey Season

Ah, Emmure.. What can you say about them that angry, ugly neckbearded metalheads on the internet haven't said a million times before? Here's something: No matter how sacrilege it is to say about le real metal xd band, the vocals on this demo sound a shitload like Lamb of God at times to me, I mean, seriously: Those high-screams! Fuck. That combined with the fact that these songs aren't just constant chugging (like some of their other material) makes it some noteworthy shit to check out if you're a fan, but the recording quality is really quite poor, even if some moments in the songs still rip a little. I'm kind of torn if I like this or feel indifferent about it, which is funny to me, because it isn't funny at all. What do I have? Here's a hint: ASS + BURGERS + SYNDROME = ??? Put it together to figure out why I'm so fucking awkward at get-togethers of absolutely any fucking kind!! While we're at it: LIKE and SUBSCRIBE if you GET it and I'll be back with more tutorials on how to install GRAND THEFT AUTO V on your shitty MACBOOK PRO from 2011, guys! PEACE OUT!!!

6/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD