New Found Glory - Kill It Live (2013)

New Found Glory, Kill It Live, Understatement, My Friends Over You, Connect the Dots, All Downhill From Here, Truth of My Youth, Coming Home
New Found Glory, Kill It Live, Understatement, My Friends Over You, Connect the Dots, All Downhill From Here, Truth of My Youth, Coming Home
KILL it LIVE? Ha haaaaaa.

New Found Glory, Kill It Live, Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, Ian Grushka, Jordan Pundik, Steve Klein, Connect the Dots

It's pretty surprising to me that it took them until 2013 to put out a live album, because you'd think with their constant touring and high-energy shows, they'd want to capture it to CD before 2013. Ah well, the point is: It's here, and holy fuck, these guys actually have a HEAVY live set-up! The guitar and drums sound MASSIVE at times!! Just listen to "Understatement" and tell me that it isn't significantly heavier (not that NFG has ever been heavy, but y'know) than the studio version!! There's a bit of stage banter, Jordan Pundik runs out of breath every so often, the crowd sings along, all that shit. The band sounds like they're in an active competition to have more fun than the audience, but it's a real tug-of-war when it comes to that. Plenty of songs from (as far as I'm aware) all of their albums show up here, to the point where it almost sounds like a greatest hits album with a bonus of three new studio songs at the end, but as cool as the live mix sounds at first, it begins to wear on me after a bit due to the guitar being a hair or two too loud. That being said, this sounds like it was a hell of a concert delivered by guys who are fucking ECSTATIC to play the same songs for the thousandth time, and I definitely wanna try and catch them live after hearing this. Good shit.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD