Logic - Young Sinatra: Undeniable (2012)

Logic, Young Sinatra Undeniable, mixtape, Dead Presidents III, Life of a Don, The Spotlight, Set the Tone, We Get High
I honestly can't see why Logic latched on to Frank Sinatra. I really can't. If you can, like if he's explained it or something, please let me know, because this shit is confusing.

Logic, Young Sinatra Undeniable, mixtape, rapper, Dead Presidents III, Life of a Don, The Spotlight, Set the Tone

See, I'm an honest man about a lot of things, and thus, I wanna tell you straight out of the gate that I actually don't mind some songs from this mixtape. I think Logic is actually a very skilled rapper, and I like when he chops up his flow, but he just doesn't make many songs I like.. And truth be told even further, most of the reason why I like those songs is because I like the original instrumentals he went over. I mean, he sampled "D.A.N.C.E." by Justice for "The Spotlight", isn't that crazy? He also sampled Paramore's "Decode" for a track, and you just don't hear that on just any ol' mixtape, but as skilled as Logic is, he isn't particularly skilled in cutting filler from his own releases. There's 22 tracks on this, for fuck's sake! This mixtape is just a few minutes short of being an hour and a half long, and that's an hour longer than it really should've been, even if the rest of the tracks that don't interest me aren't that bad, they're just.. There, I guess. They're not hard to sit through, for the most part, unlike his shitty first mixtape, due to the variety of instrumentals, and the fact that some of them surprised me, but still. I walk away from this mixtape with a decent handful of tracks to throw into my shuffle playlist, but I definitely know I won't be listening to this shit for that long, because of many reasons, but hey, here's a spoiler alert as to one of them:

Don't worry, loyal fans: His lyrics are still corny as FUCK. His lyrics sound like that shit your classmate in the eighth grade was writing in his notebook instead of paying attention in science class. I mean, what the fuck is this from "Set the Tone": "I'm Celsius, never graduated so fuck degrees, I educate 'em with ease, however, listener, please don't knock that last line, school, it just wasn't for me. We all different and I'm here to make a killing" and I swear to fucking God that I didn't make that up. Even worse is just on the next track, "Dead Presidents III", where he has these two complete fucking garbage lines "Now if pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress? I love my country but that shit a mess" and "So many rappers biting me you would think they was teethin'".. The first time I heard that progress/congress joke was about 2002, and holy shit, you think rappers are biting YOU?? You're fucking biting everyone you can get your teeth on!! Does he hold any fucking form of self-awareness?? What about in "Disgusting (feat. C Dot Castro)" where he raps "The other night I murdered Captain Crunch right in front of Toucan Sam and a whole damn bunch. That’s life, what can I say? I’m a cereal killer"? What the actual fuck is this dumbass shit? And of course there's another skit in the form of "ThirstMail (skit)" about an imaginary record label executive trying his hardest to get Logic to sell out.. It's just so fucking stupid. Logic's lyrics are so cheesy they're going to fucking constipate me. Whoops, accidentally revealed that I'm his ghostwriter!! PLS DON'T RUIN MY CAREER

6/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD