Childish Gambino - Sick Boi (2008)

Childish Gambino, Sick Boi, Mixtape, Donald Glover, mc chris, Tru Dudes, Love is Crazy, My Hoodie
2SICK4BOI
Childish Gambino, Sick Boi, Mixtape, Donald Glover, mc chris, Tru Dudes, Love is Crazy, My Hoodie
FINALLY the Childish Gambino name is introduced! What's also introduced is Childish Gambino's annoying-ass voice. No, I don't mean the voice he got popular with, I mean this voice on this album where he REALLY sounds like he's a sick boy! He sounds like his nose is stuffed and he's deathly afraid of blowing his nose into a tissue because "tissue" is an anagram of "its Sue" and he's afraid of an ex-girlfriend named Sue, along with people who don't use apostrophes. Not funny? Well, neither are most of the punchlines on this mixtape so why don't you get on HIS ass too?! He even says "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" in "Til I Die" which is a line that truly shows just how dated this mixtape is, holy shit.

That being said, "Tru Dudes (feat. mc chris)" is GREAT! It's the most energetic you'll hear Childish Gambino on the whole mixtape, with a good, happy beat to back it, and when I was into nerdcore, this song drove me WILD to see two rappers I love on the same track, and truth be told, they actually have pretty good chemistry together! It's a shame we never got more collaborations between the two. Another track with good chemistry is "Assassins (feat. DC and Nick Packard)" with a good, easily recognizable sample of "The Champ" by the Mohawks. "Red Alert" is also pretty good and catchy, plus it has a loud and abrasive beat, and I am also loud and abrasive, but not as loud and abrasive as my friend's wife: They went to a baby shower which had tons of kids there, and his wife dropped something, was about to say "FUCK" out loud but quickly caught herself before she finished the word, but STILL fucked up because "FU- CUNT" left her mouth! She's also an alcoholic so that sucks. Oh yeah and this mixtape isn't very good but those three songs are.

6/10 ________________________________________________________
Feel free to download this FREE album from Forever Childish!

READ THESE AND GET MAD