Lil Wayne - Tha Carter (2004)

Lil Wayne, Tha Carter, Go DJ, Bring it Back, Earthquake, I Miss My Dawgs, Ain't That a Bitch, 2004
Remember when you wanted to make a parody of this album called "Tha Farter" that would consist of you farting and editing said farts in Audacity to sound like the instrumentals to this album? You were a wild one, you.

Lil Wayne, Tha Carter, Go DJ, Bring it Back, Earthquake, I Miss My Dawgs, Ain't That a Bitch, 2004

So we finally get to "Tha Carter" series and I'm happy for it, but honestly, I don't care as much for the first installment as a lot of people do. I think it's pretty decent, and Lil Wayne is a more capable MC on the mic than any of the album previously (which only makes sense since this is is his seventh release) but something about most of the beats just doesn't resonate well with me. Yeah, there are classics like "Go DJ" and "I Miss My Dawgs (feat. Reel)", the latter of which being a song that people love to pull out as being one of Lil Wayne's best serious songs, and yeah, I fuck with a few songs on here genuinely, but for a 21 track album, it feels like it definitely has some tracks that could've been left off. I hope hip-hop heads don't fucking kill me for saying any of this, but if they do, then I hope someone pours a Four Loko out for me with "I Miss My Dawgs (feat. Reel)" playing in the background.

6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!


READ THESE AND GET MAD