Czarface - A Fistful of Peril (2016)

Czarface, A Fistful of Peril, Inspectah Deck, Esoteric, 7L, Two in the Chest, Czar Wars, Sabers
Czarface, A Fistful of Peril, Inspectah Deck, Esoteric, 7L, Two in the Chest, Czar Wars, Sabers
When I was a kid, I had a copy of "Dragonball Z: Budokai 3" for the PS2. I heard there was not one, but TWO extra characters in the first game that weren't in the third one, being Dodoria and Zarbon, y'know, Frieza's pink and green henchmen (respectively) and at the height of my DBZ obsession, I bought it. I even mentioned to the cashier that I had the third one, and he said "Are you sure you want this? It's basically the same game with less features" and I still bought it. I looked like an idiot with a fistful of shit, because that's exactly what I was.

Czarface, A Fistful of Peril, Inspectah Deck, Esoteric, 7L, Two in the Chest, Czar Wars, Sabers

What can I say about Czarface that I haven't said already in my previous two reviews? If you dug them before, you'll dig them now. It's more of the same, but not in a bad way, and this time around it has less interesting guests that aren't going to be immediately recognizable for a lot of people, like Psycho Les, Blacastan, and a dude with the most gangster rapper name ever, Conway, and they all do well but nothing really wowed me like the Method Man, GZA, and MF DOOM features on the previous album. While I'm at it, for some reason there's a few verses by Esoteric where it almost sounds like he's trying to imitate Jay-Z, and as always, there's a sample of a child talking about Czarface on the album, so they're not really straying far from the formula at all, which like I said, that isn't bad, but there's nothing here that'll blow you away if you didn't already like their other material. Intense rhyming, intricate rapping, good beats.. Whatever you liked Czarface for, it's all here and just as fresh as it ever was, I just wish it had a little bit more "oomph", and I don't even know what would be needed to really give it that. As much as I'd hate to break up the trio.. Maybe a new producer? I hear a lot of these verses and think "man, these would sound great over some RZA or hard-hitting production" as opposed to just some catchy weird noises. Still, if you fuck with the Czar, might as well pick this one up.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD