Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II (2005)

Lil Wayne, Tha Carter II, Hustler Musik, Fireman, Shooter, I'm a D-Boy, Weezy Baby, Get Over
I did an entire playthrough of "Saints Row IV" with a character that looked like Lil Wayne and it was AWESOME. Do you know how badass it is to fly across the sky shooting fireballs while thinking "BIRDMAN BETTER WATCH HIS ASS"? Answer: PRETTY FUCKIN' BADASS.

Lil Wayne, Tha Carter II, Hustler Musik, Fireman, Shooter, I'm a D-Boy, Weezy Baby, Get Over

Released during the period where Lil Wayne was REALLY into this "I'm the best rapper alive" shit, and it's very debatable whether or not he was, with a strong argument being that he was, given his nonstop clever punchlines, great flows, and all that cool rippity rappity shit, and when you get to this album, an album with some actual good instrumentals (fuck the albums before this, for the most part), you see some shit truly start to bud and blossom. The album's far from perfect, with some of the chiller joints really not setting well with me, well, I guess they DO set well with me in the way that they get me ready to take a nap, I mean, come on, the chorus to "Weezy Baby (feat. Nikki)" is some pretty chill shit, but for the most part, the instrumentals are at the very least good even if I wish they had a bit more bass, Lil Wayne isn't the most energetic or engaging rapper but he does what he does well, especially with the touching "Get Over (feat. Nikki)" in which he talks about a friend of his who died, as well as his deceased stepfather, but this album is TOO FUCKIN' LONG. 22 tracks coming out to almost 80 minutes, holy fucking shit!! Cut out the lesser tracks and this could've been some really good shit. This all being said, some people call it a classic, I just call it a good album. Nothing more, nothing less. Weezy F Baby and the F is for "Fprettygoodalbumevenifit'snotasgreataspeopleliketosayitis."


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD