Logic - Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever (2013)

Logic, Young Sinatra, Welcome to Forever, Nasty, Walk on By, mixtape, Break it Down, Young Jedi
But really.. Who wants to live forever?

Logic, Young Sinatra, Welcome to Forever, Nasty, Walk on By, mixtape, Break it Down, Young Jedi

Logic is a frustrating artist to me in more ways than one. Sure, part of the frustration lies in the obvious thing of him biting other rappers' styles, I mean, there are parts of "5AM" where Logic is trying so fucking hard to copy Drake's flow that it's concerning, but the second one is that whenever Logic tries to do chill tunes like "Life is Good" they basically all end up sounding the same: Some sung chorus about how life is good (I know, like the title of the song), getting high, or sweet-talking a girl. He has so many songs like this and they all fall flat. The third and most frustrating thing about Logic is the fact that he is, by all means, a pretty talented rapper with a fair amount of drive behind his words, to the point where you can kind of feel the motivation this guy has pumping through his veins, but dammit, a whole shitload of his discography just doesn't appeal to me. I listen to it and I think "man, he really is doing that rippity-rappity shit well" but a lot of the time, it does NOTHING for me, almost like I can acknowledge it has merit, but it just falls flat. I don't understand it. When you couple that with the fact that Logic typically makes his mixtapes (at least up to this point in his discography) 20 or so tracks long, there's just -too- fucking much to take in, and the highlights aren't really that great. He seriously needs some fucking quality control. KOALA TEA KEN TROLL. I know, I should've said "CUNT ROLL" but that's just not how I'm rolling today.


6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD