$UICIDEBOY$ - My Liver Will Handle What My Heart Can't (2015)

$UICIDEBOY$, My Liver Will Handle What My Heart Can't, Vincent Van Gogh Ain't Got Shit on Me, FuckThePopulation, Kill Yourself Part III, T.R.U., $crim, Ruby da Cherry
I fucking love this album cover. If there's any picture that perfectly sums up their music, it's this album cover.

$UICIDEBOY$, My Liver Will Handle What My Heart Can't, Vincent Van Gogh Ain't Got Shit on Me, FuckThePopulation, Kill Yourself Part III, T.R.U., $crim, Ruby da Cherry

I find myself in a lot of odd places on the internet. I find myself reading articles about how wasps (douchebags with wings) make their nests, a forum thread about a guy keeping his ejaculations in a shoebox in his closet, or even watching a YouTube channel of a mass-shooter who truly believed that he and a character from "Danny Phantom" were meant to be, and that they'd be united after death. However, recently, I found myself reading a quote (that I'll have to paraphrase) that really helped me deal with some shit I was going through that night, and it went a little something like "People say life isn't fair.. And that's great. If life was fair, you'd never sleep, you'd just lay in bed thinking about all of the terrible things that have happened to you, knowing that you deserved all of it." and that shit really hit me hard, and I guess due to basic human empathy, I wish I could tell $crim and Ruby da Cherry that, especially since this is some fuckin' dark material. I know all of their material is dark, but have you HEARD "Kill Yourself (Part III)"? Jesus.

This mixtape is pretty good. I don't think I'd rank it among their best, but I think it has a good amount of material that's worth getting excited about. The ending of "Tulane" might just be the coolest sounding shit they've done in a minute instrumentally, "T.R.U. (Totally Rotten Underground)" is pretty bloodthirsty, seeing $crim embrace his old flow/voice that he used on his old solo tapes, but past that, $crim and Ruby da Cherry are on-fucking-point flow-wise the entire project, but it's still just a bit hard to get -too- excited about this mixtape when it's kinda just more of the stuff you've come to know them for -nearly- every single release before this, and considering that they put out a shitload of material, that can be a bit of a problem when it comes to taking in every single project individually on its own merits. Still, if you're a fan of their music, you really owe it to yourself to check out one of the most important projects in their discography, coming at the turning point from their newfound fame from collaborating with Pouya on the (superior) mixtape "$OUTH $IDE $UICIDE", because this helped them solidify their position as a duo to look out for.

7/10

__________________
Feel free to stream this album for FREE or buy it from $UICIDEBOY$' Bandcamp!

READ THESE AND GET MAD