Devin Townsend Project - Ghost (2011)

Devin Townsend Project, Ghost, Fly, Feather, Kawaii, Blackberry, Texada, Heart Baby
Devin Townsend Project, Ghost, Fly, Feather, Kawaii, Blackberry, Texada, Heart Baby
Beautiful album cover.

Devin Townsend Project, Ghost, Fly, Feather, Kawaii, Blackberry, Texada, Heart Baby

Intended to be the complete 180 of "Deconstruction", and to be listened to immediately after for a nice come-down, "Ghost" is a very chilling experience that aims to relax you. It's best described as a cross between ambient and folk, with a HEAVY emphasis on the ambient, successfully merging music your mom likes (folk) with music your brother who doesn't leave his room likes (ambient) to really bring the family together. Well, I love folk, and I think some of the music on this album is beautiful, and I truly mean that: BEAUTIFUL, but at the end of the day.. I don't think -all- of this album was made for me. Sure, I actually enjoy a lot of the tracks, but mainly only the tracks that focus more on basic melody than setting the field with ambience, but what makes me like this album as much as I do is that it truly manages to transport you to a completely different place mentally: This album sounds like the album cover, and I think some of Devin Townsend's absolute best production can be found on this album. I really enjoy listening to this album to be taken away from whatever bullshit I'm facing in my real life (just listen to the three-hit-knock-out of "Kawaii", the title track and "Blackberry", wow!) but really, I think outside of the songs that're more traditionally structured, I enjoy this more for the way it affects me mentally and emotionally, rather than the music itself. Still, good stuff.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD