Lights - Acoustic (2010)

Lights, Acoustic, River, Saviour, Fall Back Down, Romance Is, February Air, EP
Lights, Acoustic, River, Saviour, Fall Back Down, Romance Is, February Air, EP
Exactly what it says it is, believe it or not, there are no fancy schmancy CGI tricks here!

Lights, Acoustic, River, Saviour, Fall Back Down, Romance Is, February Air, EP

Lights sure knows how to make the perfect soundtrack for when you're trying to torrent a shitload of musical illegally at your local coffee shop, hoping that no one calls you out for hogging the bandwidth, doesn't she? I seem to recall her saying something a while back about how she doesn't consider her songs to be "good" unless she can successfully manage to transfer them to an acoustic setting, and that's something I really have to respect, because this is pretty good! Not great, but pretty good.z You get three acoustic reworkings of songs from the electropop "The Listening" (thank God we finally have a listenable version of "Saviour"!), an acoustic cover of "Fall Back Down" by Rancid, which is cool as fuck to me because that was my first Rancid song, and an entirely new song (also an acoustic tune, mind you) called "Romance Is..." that's a pretty solid tune. This entire thing kinda reminds me of a CD you'd buy at a local Starbucks that comes in a paper-sleeve, except this doesn't give off the vibe that she was wearing a glasses + flannel pairing while recording.. Well, can anyone confirm/deny that? We, the people, NEED to know!! I need to know whether or not I need to whip my CD out the window!! Just kidding.. You think I can afford to buy a CD?


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD