T-Pain - Rappa Ternt Sanga (2005)

T-Pain, Rappa Ternt Sanga, Rapper Turned Singer, I'm Sprung, I'm N Luv Wit a Stripper, Mike Jones, Akon, Studio Luv
When I was a young'n, I was convinced that Akon and T-Pain were the same person, but that one or the other was the man's secret identity in the "hood" realm of music. I don't entirely know why.

T-Pain, Rappa Ternt Sanga, Rapper Turned Singer, I'm Sprung, I'm N Luv Wit a Stripper, Mike Jones, Akon, Studio Luv

How about that? There are some CLASSICS on here that your older sibling can tell you all about! I can't lie: Even on the tracks that don't do much for me (which seem to become common towards the end of the album), it's a very easy listen to get through. Sure, the autotune can be a bit much at times, but eventually it's like you don't even notice it, unless some REALLY ridiculous shit happens or you start listening for it. This album is pretty much exactly like what you'd expect from T-Pain, so I guess your mileage partially depends on whether you were buying shitty ringtones of his music ten years ago, but Goddammit, this motherfucker is SLICK! So many hooks on here are infectious, with two of my favorites coming from "I'm Sprung" and "Ridge Road", and I'm surprised that I liked this album as much as I did. Sure, it ain't great, but there was never a point while listening to this that I wanted to turn it off, which I was -positive- was going to happen.. What the fuck? It's got me wanting to go back to 2005 and shit!! Wait, nevermind, that was an awkward year for me. I'm talking running-with-your-arms-behind-your-back kind of awkward!! God, if I met the younger version of myself, I'd empty an entire fucking clip into his body.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD