Jay Rock - Follow Me Home (2011)

Jay Rock, Follow Me Home, Hood Gone Love It, All My Life, In The Ghetto, Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar, Tech N9ne
Why isn't the title-track on the album? It was on a previous mixtape, and DON'T say "BECAUSE IT WAS ON A MIXTAPE" because there's quite a few songs from previous mixtapes on here! WHAT THE FUCK?!

Jay Rock, Follow Me Home, Hood Gone Love It, All My Life, In The Ghetto, Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar, Tech N9ne

Oh well, back to these MOTHERFUCKING streets! Man, I get that Jay Rock has a couple of serious tracks on here, I respect that, but generally, this dude has about as much to say as a Speak & Spell without any fuckin' batteries in it: A whole lotta nothin' at all for over an entire hour. Yeah, I'm sure street life sucks and is hard because you've hit us with practically a fucking hundred songs before this album talking about it, so it doesn't help that the album's generally bland as fuck with boring beats, "eh" features, and the occasional terrible-as-fuck hook provided by Kendrick Lamar. If the album title is anything to go by, I really don't want to, because I don't want to be exposed to any tracks that "weren't good enough to make the album" as a special treat for the hardcore fan that dares follow Jay Rock back to humble abode, which might as well be (PLOT TWIST) a tent in the fuckin' street so he can keep his ears and eyes on the streets at all time. It's far from the worst album I've ever heard, but holy shit, what a fuckin' yawn. You hear me? Yawn.


5/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD