U-God - Dopium (2009)

U-God, Dopium, Wu-Tang Clan, Train Trussle, God is Love, Smoke the Roach, Lipton, Coke
I didn't know why I kept putting myself through U-God's albums, until I realized the reason why is that I love you.

U-God, Dopium, Wu-Tang Clan, Train Trussle, God is Love, Smoke the Roach, Lipton, Coke

This album just can't win. There's always something working against each track: If the flow and beat are okay, the lyrics and hook are shit. You can interchange every single aspect of that to describe every single fucking song on this album, because sometimes the lyrics and flow are good, the beat and hook are shit, sometimes the lyrics and beat are good, but then the flow and hook are shit. Notice how I always include the hook as being shitty? There is not one single fucking decent hook to be found on this album! I know U-God hasn't had much luck with them before, but shit. This is an album to put on and forget you even have it on, because it's not even the worse album you'll hear: It's just so easily disposable. Don't get me fucking started on the europop remixes at the end of this album. I walked away from both U-God albums before this with at least two songs to throw in my shuffle playlist, but none of this shit is gonna make it to it, which sucks because you can tell some genuine love was put into some of these instrumentals, but everything is just so fucking forgettable that I'll probably never listen to anything from this album ever again, and fuck everyone who told me "it's actually pretty good" because they lied.

4/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to read other reviews and perhaps buy this album via my Amazon Associates link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD