Lil Wayne - Da Drought 2 (2004)

Lil Wayne, Da Drought 2, mixtape, Everything Will Be Fine, Wayne Carter, You Don't Know, 2004, In the Booth
And we back, we back...

Lil Wayne, Da Drought 2, mixtape, Everything Will Be Fine, Wayne Carter, You Don't Know, In the Booth, 2004

The mixtape begins unusually happy with a track called "Everything Will Be Fine" which is a pleasant surprise that I definitely wasn't expecting, because you know me: My depression is pretty bad, so Lil Wayne of all people trying to comfort me that everything will be fine is fuckin' great. Did you know he worked as a suicide prevention aide for 50 cents an hour while in prison? If he ever worked a hotline and I called him, I'd probably think I lost my fucking mind and kill myself. Regardless, I love him, but I don't love this mixtape. More "this is a mixtape you could buy a bootleg of at a convenience store in the south" quality songs than you could shake a fuckin' stick at. I sure can't wait to get to the point in Lil Wayne's discography where these "let's go to Houston and wear white t-shirts that reach our knees" songs cease to exist and he becomes one of the GOATs. Fuckin' hell. The things I put myself through just so I can say I rate entire discographies.. Fuck Bob Dylan, I should've gotten that fucking Nobel Prize.


5/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD