Childish Gambino - I Am Just a Rapper 2 (2010)

Childish Gambino, I Am Just a Rapper 2, mixtape, Donald Glover, The Real, Get It, Different, Nowhere to Go
I SWEAR I've heard him speak before, though...

Childish Gambino, I Am Just a Rapper 2, mixtape, Donald Glover, The Real, Get It, Different, Nowhere to Go

Childish Gambino back with a sequel to a mixtape I liked when I was younger, which, oddly enough, never lead me to checking this out, but lo and behold, he's still just so fuckin' corny lyrically on this mixtape as he was on the first one, and still rapping over indie tracks. He says "I gotta do me like I'm jerkin' in the mirror" in "What The Fuck Are You? (Colouring of Pigeons)" and "Shit look easy like a turd in a short skirt" in "Both Hands (Black Rainbow)". What the hell is "Nowhere to Go (Disaster Babe)", anyway? Why include it? Why include the "squint like Asians" punchline in two songs? Hell, he even mentions the fuckin' mirror line in two songs, along with countless "I'mma do me like [x]" boasts. I'm kind of at a loss for words, which is funny how I'm normally a pretty talkative guy who no one can get to just shut the fuck up, but I don't have much to say.. Hey, that sounds a LOT like Childish Gambino on this mixtape, for the most part! Ah well. "(?)" is pretty good because it doesn't just fall on "rap over an indie track" and has Childish Gambino rapping about some shit that's pretty important to him as a person, like his low self-esteem and having been bullied before in the past, and it makes you wish that the entire mixtape had been that instead of nonstop punchlines.


The rest of the mixtape is pretty chill, mainly due to the instrumentals that help bring in a certain level of nostalgia if you were a silly hipster like I was, but is kinda just more of the same from the first mixtape. ALSO ALSO ALSO I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT "The Real (Infinity Guitars)" fucking SUCKS!! THAT BEAT IS AWFUL!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!! Ah, feels good to get that anger out on something other than teenagers on the internet with opposing opinions for a change.

6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to download this FREE album from Forever Childish!

READ THESE AND GET MAD