New Found Glory - Mania 7 (2013)

New Found Glory, Mania 7, EP, Ramones, I Wanna Be Sedated, Rockaway Beach, Judy is a Punk, Rock N Roll High School
Ever have a raging bout of mania? It sucks.

New Found Glory, Mania 7, Ramones, Ian Grushka, Chad Gilbert, Jordan Pundik, Cyrus Bolooki, Steve Klein

I won't even pretend to sugarcoat it: I don't like the Ramones. Sure, I grew up with "Blitzkrieg Bop" (which NFG covers as a bonus track on their last album "Radiosurgery", and as such, is sadly absent here) and "Rock N Roll High School", but generally I can't fucking stand Joey Ramone's voice, and even worse, their songs just kinda FUCKIN' SUCK and generally consist of the title of the song being sung after every line. I always considered New Found Glory to be the modern day version of the Ramones if I actually gave a shit about the Ramones, y'know? That's why when this EP was announced, it just hit me like "DAMN, THAT'S WHAT WAS MISSING!" and truth be told, even though I don't care much for the originals, New Found Glory make these interesting enough for me with better production and, y'know, a vocalist I actually like, and even though they're really close to their originals, I think that's to this EP's advantage: They don't fuck around with the songs, they just play them simply (hell, they're painfully simple songs to begin with) and efficiently. Sure, it ain't great.. But you can't convince me the originals were, either. If you need me, I'll be down the hall ejaculating on my Misfits vinyl records, thinking "damn, you took what they did and did it EVEN BETTER you fucking lovable bastards" before having a moment of depression overwhelm me afterwards as I remember that everything from "Famous Monsters" on exists.

7/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD