Jay Rock - Watts Finest - Vol. II: The Nickerson Files (2006)

Jay Rock, Watts Finest Vol. II, The Nickerson Files, mixtape, TDE, Top Dawg Entertainment, K Dot, Kendrick Lamar
Stylish hat. W for West Side? Or..? All I know is that I'd probably get the shit beaten out of me if my awkward looking ass was wearing it.

Jay Rock, Watts Finest Vol. II, The Nickerson Files, mixtape, TDE, Top Dawg Entertainment, K Dot, Kendrick Lamar

Fuck, dude, I didn't like the last mixtape at all (even if it wasn't -horrible-) but this has some fucking fire at times. Jay Rock sounds good over these beats (some of which I recognized as being from other artists, like "50 Bars of Real Shit" where he goes over "Tha Shiznit" by Snoop Dogg from the classic "Doggystyle") and I fuckin' love "Guns and Drugs" because it's just -so- fuckin' gangsta and sounds like a Dr. Dre beat (if it actually is, I haven't heard it, lemme know where it's from) and I'd love to hear an entire release of Jay Rock going over Dr. Dre instrumentals, which I guess might be a bit too on-the-nose considering that Jay Rock kinda sounds like him, ah well. Notable guests include Kendrick Lamar, Big Wy and Snoop Dogg, but I'm 99% convinced that Snoop Dogg's verse was just ripped from another song. Anyway, this isn't the greatest mixtape you'll ever hear, but this is some good shit, and that's coming from a guy who doesn't normally fuck with TDE that heavily.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on TheMixtapeLab!

READ THESE AND GET MAD