Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity (2012)

Cattle Decapitation, Monolith of Inhumanity, Travis Ryan, Your Disposal, Dead Set on Suicide, Forced Gender Assignment, A Living Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat, Gristle Licker
I tried to get a bong with this album cover on it some years back, via a contest. Some douchebag kept tagging his friends in the comment section and won, and I didn't, because sure, I love the album, but I didn't want to annoy my friends who are ADULTS with "hey guys, help me get this BONG with this DEATHGRIND album cover on it!!" so in a way, I'm glad that I didn't win. I don't even know why I called that guy a douchebag.

Cattle Decapitation, Monolith of Inhumanity, Travis Ryan, Your Disposal, Dead Set on Suicide, Forced Gender Assignment, A Living Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat, Gristle Licker

So the other day I started watching "Spongebob Squarepants" from the sorta-beginning (I couldn't get the first season so I had to settle for the second) and lemme tell you something: When you're younger, you watch the show and think "Haha, Spongebob and Patrick are so silly! They're gonna do silly stuff in this episode!" but then you get older, catch an episode and realize that a lot of it, and I mean a -lot- of it is stoner comedy that's pretty unexpectedly fucking hilarious. I never even liked the show that much when I was a kid, believe it or not, but hey, we're here now. Another thing that's pretty unexpected is that if you listen to the entire Cattle Decapitation discography up to this point, it's likely that you'd have no clue that they'd turn into a genuinely great band and release an album that makes up for all of the shitty stuff that they've put out, like their many disposable deathgrind tunes under 40 seconds. On this album, they continue to put out longer songs, but not just that: They manage to churn out longer, MEMORABLE songs!! AKA songs you can fucking tell apart!!

Fuck, dude, lemme sit you down for a second: There are some -great- songs on here. "Dead Set on Suicide" will fucking ANNIHILATE you until your skin is ripped to shreds on the floor, tripping your stepdad while he's on an alcoholic binge. "A Living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat" isn't just a way to describe your dead son that didn't live past two weeks, but also a name of a kickass song that's pretty.. Dare I say.. CATCHY. Travis Ryan SINGS on occasion, but instead of some sissy-boii vokills ala modern metalcore, or "YEAAAAH LET'S GET READY TO ROCK" hard rockin' douchebag shit, he sings like a fucking demon, almost combining harsh vocals with clean vocals at the same McGoddamn time!! Killer shit. The album's full of memorable tunes (man, that's something I haven't been able to say about this band until this album) that beat the shit out of you repeatedly, and can even be, dare I say (because I'm still upset with the word being killed in 2011).. Epic. Seriously, the ending of "Gristle Licker" is -massive- in its attempt to make the band appear as if they've finally musically matured into something great. If I had to say something negative about the album, it'd be that despite Travis Ryan being capable of doing such incredible vokills, with the highest highs and lowest lows, he generally just keeps to his (quite great, don't get me wrong) mid-screams instead of fully flexing his variety of vokill styles. Still, this album has enough five-dollar words about being vegan and killing motherfuckers for being transphobic to wet your fuckin' willy.

8/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD