All Time Low - Live Session EP (2009)

All Time Low, Live Session EP, Weightless, Stella, Break Your Little Heart, Damned If I Do Ya, Lost in Stereo, Dear Maria Count Me In
Does iTunes have live sessions anymore? I haven't heard about them in years.. Maybe it's gone the way that MTV Unplugged did. Fuck, I miss that.

All Time Low, Live Session EP, Weightless, Stella, Break Your Little Heart, Damned If I Do Ya, Lost in Stereo, Dear Maria Count Me In

So.. Does All Time Low always use obvious vocal backing tracks live? You'd think that another member of the band would provide backing vocals live, like guitarist Jack Barakat or bassist Zack Merrick, but there are times where you'll hear vocals in the background and hear them unnaturally cut out, as if quickly lowering the volume on the vocal track, instead of a normal human voice just.. Stop singing, I don't know. It's weird like that and kinda makes me wonder just how much of the music we're hearing is actually real and not just prerecorded, ala a pop-punk boyband, and that sucks, because I'd honestly rather hear the band fuck up a bit than hear prerecorded shit, and I'm sure that most of their fans would agree with me. Regardless, the songs (perhaps due to some studio magic we can't see) sound pretty much just like the originals aside from the small live blemishes. There's nothing that the band really brings to these songs live, they don't play them faster, they don't add shit, etc, so your enjoyment of this will really come down to whether you liked these songs in the first place, and even then, I can't really think of a good reason to listen to this over the original album, but hey, whatever floats your boat, y'know? I can't deny that these are some catchyass tunes, no matter how badly I hated them years ago. Mmm.


7/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD