Pouya - Stunna (2014)

Pouya, Stunna, Everything Good, Like Them, FLAwda, Copy Cat, Buffet Boys, To Whom It May Concern
Stunna stunna STUNNA STUNNA THREE STUNNA

Pouya, Stunna, Everything Good, Like Them, FLAwda, Copy Cat, Buffet Boys, To Whom It May Concern

I don't think there's any day of the year that I hate more than April Fools Day, so I'm glad that I mostly managed to avoid bullshit yesterday. It's fucking stupid, because it used to be funny for little pranks like putting dry macaroni under someone's toilet seat, so when they sit down, shit cracks and freaks them the fuck out, but now it's mainly just people talking about cool new shit coming out (i.e. Apple announcing the return of the 160gb iPod Classic) and then it not being real. It's not even fun at that point, it's just disappointing. That's kinda how I've been feeling when checking out Pouya's releases, because the dude is REALLY fucking good at rapping, don't even slightly get me wrong, he can dance around most rappers in terms of flow, but his releases typically just don't have much that jumps out at you, they're just "okay" for the most part, which is disappointing because you can tell that this guy would be able to have a really good grasp on the rap game's smelly lil giblets if he applied himself more to making good, memorable tracks. That isn't to say he's incapable of it: When I hear him about to go over a g-funk instrumental, like in "Everything Good", I practically jump from my chair to turn up the volume QUICKLY. It's always unexpected when he does that, but even more unexpected is the track "Like Them" which is a very serious track dealing with his friend becoming a drug addict, allowing Pouya to momentarily distance himself away from rapping about how my bitch wants his dick. There is so much fucking potential in this dude that I hope it comes to life soon.

5/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD