$UICIDEBOY$ - 7th or St. Tammany (2015)

$UICIDEBOY$, SuicideBoys, 7th or St. Tammany, Leave Your Things Behind, Rag 'Round My Skull, $crim, Ruby da Cherry, mixtape
Is that where they grew up or something? I had to hold myself back from typing "looks like a nice place" because I'm always won over by any place that has palm trees. You could put palm trees in the absolute most horrifying area in Syria and I'd still be jumping to book a flight there.

$UICIDEBOY$, SuicideBoys, 7th or St. Tammany, Leave Your Things Behind, Rag 'Round My Skull, $crim, Ruby da Cherry, mixtape

So I've been on antidepressants for a few months now (Lexapro) and I don't feel like they're working. I gave them time, and now I wanna do some dramatic movie thing where I end up throwing the entire bottle of pills into the ocean as I "get my life back" but I didn't even have one to begin with. Hell, it's gotten to the point where alcohol or my girlfriend Mary Jane would probably serve as a better antidepressant than something the doctor prescribed me. Fuck, dude. It feels like $crim and Ruby da Cherry understand this feeling all too well, which is why this album generally has a more emo-ish vibe to it than the others before. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of sub-bass, Three 6 Mafia samples, etc, but it feels like they've really toned down on the hype in order to provide a more "ah fuck, it's only Monday night and I'm already lost in my feelings" type of experience. Truth be told, it only barely gets the rating that I'm going to give it, because it's enjoyable but it kinda blends into itself. Definitely not their best work, but hey, "Leave Your Things Behind" is sure to find its way into my "fuck, why am I alive" playlist.


7/10
__________________
Feel free to stream this album for FREE or buy it from $UICIDEBOY$' Bandcamp!

READ THESE AND GET MAD