Lights - The Ice Pack (2009)

Lights, The Ice Pack, Lights Poxleitner, Lights Bokan, Valerie Poxleitner, Ice, Remix, EP
Lou Reed shirt, huh? I can fuck with that.

Lights, The Ice Pack, Lights Poxleitner, Lights Bokan, Valerie Poxleitner, Ice, Remix, EP

Hey, "The Listening", right? You liked that song "Ice", right? Well, hopefully you did, because you better get ready to sit your fuckin' ass down for almost 24 minutes of remixes of it! Truth be told, I'm normally not a fan of remixes at all, not because of some bias towards remix culture (some remixes I've heard have been -amazing- but my enjoyment of remixes is pretty rare overall) but just because I don't think many remixers (remixees?) really do enough to capture -my- attention. With this all being said.. There's some fuckin' good shit on here! I think Colin Munroe's Unsung remix is arguably better than the original instrumentally, the K-Os remix has a good beat/additional rap verse in it, but I think the biggest departure of sound has to come from the remix provided by Modernaire, in which they slow shit down with a nice, chill electronic beat as opposed to embracing an even poppier approach. That being said.. Can you believe the Tim Armstrong (of Rancid) remix (under the name DJ Deadman & Tex) is so awkward sounding? I love Tim Armstrong but what the fuck? Ah well, the fact that she got a Renholder remix is pretty cool! Neat stuff, but motherfuck the Spike Club Mix for being almost 8 minutes long while successfully managing to bring almost nothing interesting to the table at all. Fucker!


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD