Fat Nick - Tha Heart Attack (2014)

Fat Nick, Tha Heart Attack, mixtape, Pouya, Buffet Boys, Germ, Drop 'Em Off, Creepin'
That mixtape title and cover art is too on-the-nose for me, personally. See, I'm an artsy kinda guy, if he had thrown it into enough Instagram filters to deep fry the living shit out of it, I'd hang it in my living room, but.. Y'know.

Fat Nick, Tha Heart Attack, mixtape, Pouya, Buffet Boys, Germ, Drop 'Em Off, Creepin'

Well, Fat Nick is better at rapping this time around, definitely seeming to be taking more influence from whatever Pouya takes influence from, and I'd go as far as to say that the beats are better, but the hooks still leave a lot to be desired. Thankfully, Pouya appears on three tracks on here, and I think Fat Nick and Pouya have some good musical chemistry together, which, y'know, makes sense given that they're best friends, but still. One thing that bothers me on this mixtape is just how much lyrical emphasis is put on the fact that Fat Nick is fat, which, y'know, isn't exactly something to brag about (you'll never catch me bragging about my awful body) but when I catch myself thinking that, I have to remind myself that his stage name is FAT Nick, he revels in that shit!! Still, I feel like Fat Nick has to try a lot harder to make something memorable, and while this is a step in the right direction, it's really not as big as it could've been, and hey, that's coming from a fat guy! Fat Nick is one of MY PEOPLE!! ALRIGHT?! He should get ME on a track to rap about how many women have turned us down despite loving our personalities!! We'd be MILLIONAIRES!! FAT NICK, HIT ME THE FUCK UP!!.. Actually, I lied: No women have turned me down because I've always been too insecure to talk to women in the first place. Maybe that could be the epic plot twist of our collab.


6/10
________________________________________________________

Feel free to check out this mixtape for FREE on DatPiff!

READ THESE AND GET MAD